“Many people get ulcers these days- caused by
We consult with many large and small companies and individuals who use Feng Shui to improve their business or career, in fact you would not believe our client base. Ladies and Lords, Princess, Sir's, Count and Countess's, Doctors, lawyers, actors, some very famous clients and companies, we have consulted on Manor houses, Mansions, flats, apartments, studio's, mobile homes, homes in Mayfair London, USA, Japan, Australia, Germany, Spain, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Companies employing thousands of staff, small and large restaurants, hairdressers, insurance companies, financial houses, factories, brokers and even a fish & chip shop. in fact we have several thousand turn to us alone let alone the other companies offering the same service.
Feng Shui has become very popular in the west, although when I first started using it 25 years ago it was virtually unheard of in this country.
There are two ways you can work with the below tips, if you own a business and have full control of where furniture etc can be placed, use the whole building, i.e. if I recommend placing a wind chime in the south east, find the centre of your building or area you occupy, stand there with a compass and find SE of the building. If however you have an office at home or an office at work, stand in the centre of your office and place the wind chime in the SE of the office.
It gets difficult when you share a space or a large office with many people. The first thing is you do not want people to think you are strange by hanging wind chimes or six Chinese coins, the other is you may not get permission. Try and imagine me 25 years ago telling my friends or colleges why I would hang a wind chime or coins in the accounts office I used to work in, I did get some funny looks but always came clean, they accepted what I did and they noticed the changes it would make. If you do occupy a small area of an office or a cubical arrangement do not despair just make sure you face your “Sheng Ch’i” direction. The best advice I can give and I hate having to plug our products on our site is buy the software on our website this will automatically work out your good locations to face, sleep and so much more, follow this link for more details software.htm
Ways to improve business and career for 2003
West: very fortunate for wealth and can be enhanced with fire or colours red etc. Place fire objects or colours here to enhance (fire creates earth). Avoid the use of metals or colours white, silver, gold or copper as the metal will weaken the good earth, again don’t worry if this area is already painted white just make sure you have plenty of fire or fire colours here and leave lights on as long as you can. A good place to put a three-egged Toad, although do not use a metal one as this will weaken the good earth. You can also assist this area by hanging a crystal faceted hanging sphere to distribute the good energy. You should place all account books or anything to do with finances here.
North-east, also very fortunate and can be enhanced with wood this is a very good star and increasing in power as we get nearer to 2004 which is the beginning of a new 20 year period. You can enhance this area with wood colours such as greens, a good place to have plants (avoid bamboo) unfortunately wood is only good if it is growing, the power of having a wooden floor or a piece of wood furniture is very limited.
East: This area is good for relationships and also people who are studying, whatever your business I am sure that communications are important for you and this is the area that needs to be activated to improve relations between clients and employees. You should place a water feature here along with blue or black items, only use the water until February 2004 and keep an eye out for our newsletter towards the end of year for further placement advice.
South; this is a fortunate star and can be enhanced with metal. Place metal here as this now has a good 1 water star, which is fed with metal (metal creates water, imagine a piece of cold metal, cool air (Chi) touches it and forms condensation and water droplets form, thus creating water). Good colours to use would be white, gold, silver or copper. You should avoid earth elements such as crystals, porcelain, terracotta or earth colours yellow or brown, because earth weakens water. If you have bathroom here make sure you keep the toilet lid closed when flushing. This is a good area to have a brass three legged Toad as the metal along with the symbolic powers will increase the wealth power. Also a good area to have 3 Chinese coins tied with red ribbon.
For 2003 to activate business and career you should at the very least have a six-rod wind chime & six Chinese coins tied with red ribbon in the southeast, six Chinese coins tied with red ribbon in the north, this is all part of our 2003 cures kit and should not only be used for the home but essential for the office.
Tips for business and career.
1) Most offices or homes that we visit get this wrong and it is an important part of your working environment. Always sit with a solid wall behind your back to ensure that you have support and protection, never sit with a door or corner of wall or cabinet behind you. You can sit with a window behind you as long as it does not have negative Sha Ch’i directed at it like a straight road or corner of building. Place a landscape picture behind you with mountains in the background, this will give you support. Try and arrange your desk so you can see the door (do not sit directly in front of door) and windows. I know there are many people who cannot arrange their desks like this but try and place a partition behind you.
2) Do not have clutter in your office; desks must be kept tidy and clutter free. This is so important, an office in China would not have paper trays on desks, and many UK and USA companies now employ the same approach. I have just looked at my desk, oops, how does that saying go? “Practise what you preach” that’s why I love writing these newsletters, it reminds me of what I should be doing, I just had a good clear out. Seriously though you would be amazed at how a clear desk can promote a clear mind. If you have loads of outstanding tasks on your desk or life your mind becomes cluttered, I find this with my e-mails every day I receive many e-mails from people asking questions and sometimes I have to leave them for a few days because of other commitments they really play on mind after 3-4 days and I sit down and clear them all and automatically my mind becomes clear again.
3) The tips I love giving are the ones that I use myself, 3 Chinese I-Ching coins tied with red ribbon, we have around 10 of these in our office, placed on top of our two credit card terminals, sellotaped inside our accounts, invoice, paying in bank books etc. Placed in wallets, handbags, cash tin, till or purse. They are a very powerful enhancer and used by all in Asia.
4) If you own a shop try and place the till in the west this year, even your petty cash tin. Order books can also be placed here with Chinese coins. Your till should have a solid wall behind it for protection and it is said that if you place a mirror beside it, this represents a doubling of turnover, we never tried it but a Jeweller client of ours did and swears by it, also hang a crystal faceted sphere over your till, this one we have as it looks great especially when the sun hits the crystal. If you place a metal till or cash tin in the west place some red object on it to negate the metal element as this will weaken the good earth here this year.
5) If you own a shop or office do not place large vases or containers near your entrance as they collect valuable Ch’i that comes through your door and leaves little to circulate around the business.
6) The Ch’i from the main entrance of your office should not meet a wall inside the office. This is because once the Ch’i hits the wall it has to turn and therefore causes it to slow down; hence your business will be slow and not vibrant.
7) One of the most powerful cures that we use in business is to have a crystal spinning globe with a Dragon beside it placed on the right hand side of your desk (right side as you sit at the desk) and spin the globe once a day, the theory is the Dragon protects your business and turns it into a world wide one.
8) Never get tempted to have your business name on a carpet or doormat, this is the quickest way to bankruptcy, you will basically have thousands off people stamping their dirty feet all over your business name. I remember years ago Prudential insurance did this with their chain of estate agencies and within 1 year they sold the lot with huge losses.
9) You should not have any cactus or sharp looking plants in your office as these plants have small sharp leaves and therefore causes "Sha Ch’i" in the office. The chi that rides on the wind will have to pass through them causing Ch’i to be fierce and sharp.
10) The same rule for spring cleaning your home applies to your office, throw out dead files any negative projects you have worked on, or any unfavourable legal cases, these stagnate your Ch’i and cause much negative energy.
11) To boost your career this year 2003, place all job applications in the east along with a blue cloth, or you can write the names of companies you would like to work for and place the list here. This also applies to promotions write down what you would like to achieve and place the list in a dark blue envelope and place in east of home of your office. The reason you use blue is because it is a water colour and water feeds the #4 wood that is here this year.
12) Never place a mirror opposite the main door to an office or shop, this will not let any energy into the building and actually put people off entering, mirrors can scare some people.
13) Choose your office furniture carefully, many clients of ours tend to buy very large desks for small offices thinking bigger is better, this is not the case with anything to do with Feng Shui, whether it is a desk for your office or fireplace for your lounge always choose a piece of furniture that is in scale to the room, do not get tempted in thinking bigger is better, it will actually work against you if a desk or table is too big for a room. The reason you must use scale for rooms and even gardens is because Ch’i needs to flow freely and if an item is too big it will not be in harmony.
14) Ba Gua mirrors are a hot subject in Asia, nearly every business will have a mirror hanging outside to deflect negative energy, some will be hidden others in full view. The biggest I have seen in this country (UK) is around 5 feet, talk about big this was bad Feng Shui just because of its size, it was outside a Chinese restaurant out of interest. You only need a Ba Gua mirror if you have negative objects like phone poles, corner of building etc. pointing towards you, if you have lovely views do not use a Ba Gua
© Feng Shui Store 2003
mirror, for more details on how to use a Ba Gua mirror
Follow this link to find more information on our 2003
“A smile is the magic language of diplomacy
Feng Shui Store is a trading name of Feng Shui Ltd.
Registered Office: Viking House, Swallowdale Lane, Hemel Hempstead,
Hertfordshire. Great Britain. HP2 7EA
©2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Feng
difficulties? We're here to help.